Top Five Ways to Save on Your Car Insurance:
Has your auto insurance policy been with the same company for years? Have you ever wondered if it was really worth fourteen minutes to save four hundred dollars on your car insurance? Did the cost of your insurance go up after moving from Westminster to Denver or from Arvada to Lakewood?
Here are the top five ways to save money on your auto insurance policy:
- Keep your auto insurance with the same company as you have your homeowner’s policy. You will not only receive multiple policy discounts, you may also be responsible for less money out of pocket (lower deductible) in the event of a claim.
- Maintain higher liability limits (100,000 / 300,000 or greater). Insurance companies will often offer additional discounts to clients who maintain liability limits higher than what is required by state law.
- Insure every vehicle in your household with the same company. Most companies provide discounts for maintaining coverage on more than one vehicle at the same time.
- Talk with your agent before purchasing a new car. Due to differences in manufacturing and safety, two similar vehicles can have significantly different prices for insurance.
- Maintain a good credit score. In most States, including Colorado, insurance companies factor your credit score into your insurance pricing.
- BONUS TIP: Move to a new town. Due to reasons like crime and accident rates it is often cheaper to insure your car in one town over another. In Colorado, the suburbs like Arvada, Westminster, and Golden are often much cheaper than living in Denver.